Monday, August 9, 2010

Icelandic Horses


Truthfully I have never gotten that excited about horses, that is until now. During my trip to Iceland I was able to photograph these magnificent animals several times. In doing so I wondered why the attraction. I suspect it comes down to two things, their long manes often cover their eyes and when they run they seem to hold their heads with pride. In the photo above, we had just pulled into a camping area for lunch and someone noticed a herd of horses running by. I grabbed my camera and started shooting. I had no time to consider shutter speed or any other camera settings. It turned out that their faces were a bit on the soft side, so Tony suggested I apply a texture layer for a different type of effect. I think the resulting image works quite well.



I’m still going through the ton of images from Iceland I hope to have a gallery up in a couple weeks.

3 comments:

BillG said...

Don,

Fantastic. I love the treatment - and the moment you captured.

-bill

Doug Dinkle said...

Spectacular, Don !! Great job !!

Unknown said...

Thanks Guys. Perhaps one day we can all go to Iceland together.