Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ricketts Glen


The shot above was taken in late May at Ricketts Glen in Pennsylvania. This was my first trip to Ricketts Glen and I was not disappointed. The best time to go seems to be in the spring when the water is flowing. I had planned to go last fall but called the park to find out that the water flow was barely a trickle. The park has a large number of waterfalls, but a little hiking is required to reach them.



The shot above is a double layer panorama. I used an old Nikon manual focus 28mm perspective correction lens to shoot the double layer. The nice thing about such a large shot will be evident if I ever print the picture. The native size of this shot is 25 by 45 inches.

3 comments:

A.Barlow said...

amazing shot. Love the milky water. Did a really good job.

Curt Fleenor said...

Beautiful work Don, I would never have guessed it was a pano!

Unknown said...

As always, Thanks Guys!!