Friday, March 30, 2012

Dogs Love Trucks






And so do I.  It’s not that I spend much time thinking about my love for trucks but when I see one like this I stop in my tracks.   While I consider myself primarily a landscape photographer, I could easily take a year off and shoot nothing but old rusty cars and trucks.  Unfortunately I just don’t know of enough places where I can find these magnificent machines.  When I do get a line on something like this I don’t hesitate to shoot them.  Experience has taught me they will not be there forever.  A favorite I used to call the “car farm” recently sold their entire collection because steel prices were just too good to refuse.   I can only hope that somewhere people are parking today’s old cars so another generation will have the opportunities I have had in another few decades.   After all it takes time for them to age in place. 

No comments: