Thursday, April 26, 2012

Shupe’s Chute




Last Sunday was the last day in a great week of photography.  I concluded the week at Holly River State Park in West Virginia.   From a photographic standpoint it seems this park is often overlooked because I have rarely seen work that is shot in this location.   The photo above is a feature called Shupe’s Chute.  It sits between the upper and lower falls on an area at the edge of the park.  What you can’t see in the picture is the dramatic water chute that flows about 15 feet before falling into a deep plunge pool.    I tried to get in a better position, but the rocks were very slippery and I did not feel like losing a camera and going for a swim. 

This was my second visit to the park and I find it very appealing so a return trip is a must.  

1 comment:

A.Barlow said...

Beautifully captured sir!