Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Making It Your Own





As photographers we often photograph things that others created.   Be it a bridge, building or statue just to name a few.  The designer of the item in question may or may not have had a creative motivation or inspiration.   A sculptor would most definitely qualify as an artist, but perhaps a bridge designer might be motivated more by structural demands than creative ones.   As photographers we have a choice, we can take a documentary photograph or one that is motivated by our artistic vision.   

This past weekend I was doing a little exploration and came across this graffiti.   I took a few straight shots, but after that I decided to do an in camera multiple exposure refocusing on the teeth between each shot as I zoomed in.  In my opinion, this allows me to capture my interpretation of this art work rather than just reproducing someone else’s on a different medium.  

No comments: