Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Sunflower Season



The middle of summer has arrived and if you live in the DC area we are lucky to have some great fields for sunflowers that are open to the public.   Mckee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area grows several fields each year and currently the flowers are peeking!

Having shot the sunflowers each year for the past several years I find it a bit challenging to come up with fresh compositions.  On the way to the field this year I noticed some fast moving puffy clouds and was hoping to do some long exposures,  but by the time I arrived the clouds had moved out and I was left with a clear blue sky.   I reached for my seldom used fisheye lens and came up with the shot above.  I used a reflector to light up the face of the flower, but fill flash would have been an option here as well.  

No comments: