Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cherry Trees


This morning I met friends Jack, Greg, and Charles (from the Loudoun Camera Club) at Meadowlark Gardens for an early morning of shooting the Cherry Trees. We elected to avoid the crowds downtown and shoot locally.

This is just my opinion, but I think Cherry Trees are difficult to shoot. While beautiful to behold, I find them hard to craft into a compelling photograph. When challenged, I try to think of how I can approach the scene from a different perspective. This morning after walking around the lake and not finding the perspective I liked, I reached into my bag and grabbed the Lensbaby. I typically use the Lensbaby for close up shots, but I like how it rendered this shot. The bench and cherry trees are all that matter and the Lensbaby helps to direct your eye.

While some might not like the lack of edge to edge sharpness, I like to think it is sharp enough.

No comments: