Friday, April 17, 2009

Random Thoughts


I wanted to update the blog since it might be a couple weeks before I get a chance to post new work.

The photo above was the result of a quick trip to the Franciscan Monastery last weekend with Greg Daily. I love Tulips, but it seems like I never have enough time to shoot them. Work, weather, and my personal life seem to get in the way.

It seems that I will miss the Bluebells this year. Bluebells are tough to shoot, but I like the challenge.

I’m missing Redbuds for sure. I have one in my front yard, but my house makes a lousy backdrop.

I’ll be making my 3rd trip to Lorton Prison early next week. I’m lucky enough to get occasional access, but the time on site is limited. You find your shot, take your shot and move on to the next one. You really don’t have time to work the scene or contemplate the possibilities. I’m grateful for the experience nonetheless. I will be looking for opportunities to shoot wide angle HDR panoramas on this trip.

The following day Jack Nevitt and I leave for the Smoky Mountains. In addition to the normal landscape photography, we are planning on shooting Star Trails! If the results are worthwhile, you can be sure I will share the results.

No comments: