Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Halloween



Last Friday I had an unusual opportunity. I was invited by my friend Greg Daily to do a haunted house shoot. I really don’t do much in the way of people or scary creature photography but I was excited to give it a try. I had lots of ideas on how I wanted to shoot this event but Greg brought me back to reality. This was a volunteer effort and the monsters have families and day jobs and would not be available for a professional photo shoot.

Plan B (in my mind) was to dress in black and try to blend in. I managed to scare a few kids along the way. Perhaps I’m a really scary person in the dark. We literally worked with the monsters between the tour groups which at times were a minute or two apart.

I did a little lightpainting but for most of the shots I just used my R1C1 Macro Flash and a remote SB-800 with a red gel.

Click here for a small gallery.

No comments: