Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Killer Weekend

                               

Last weekend I joined friends Tweety, Bill Gercken, Jeff Johnson, and Jack Nevitt at the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum (TALA) in Weston, WV. I shot here last year during an overnight “ghost tour” and had so much fun! This year they have started offering photography tours during the daytime and I knew I had to sign up. I know there are lots of photographers that enjoy shooting old buildings that are in a state of decay. The problem is that most of these buildings are off limits, at least from a legal standpoint. Shooting at TALA offers you a way to do this type of shooting in a legal and fun manner and you are helping them preserve a treasure. I’ll post a gallery from the Asylum next time. I still have a lot of shots left to process.

No comments: