Friday, October 1, 2010

The Unicorn




During our trip we frequently yelled STOP. This was one of those times. We had finished shooting after a very long day on the road, were riding along and I don’t remember if I yelled stop or someone else did. But everyone was in agreement that there was something special about this little peak. Gudmundur told us that the peak is called the Unicorn. Someone yelled out that it looked like something out of the Harry Potter novels. As far as I was concerned there was something magical about this one and I could have spent a couple of hours hiking and working the scene. Unfortunately we had stopped only for a minute or so when several other people drove up and needed to pass our bus. The road was so narrow that the other cars had to back down the road and we were on the other side of the mountain before we could let them pass. I guess timing is everything because prior to stopping we had not seen anyone else on the road for at least an hour. But I think we stopped at this one at just the right time nonetheless.

No comments: