Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lensbaby Sweet 35

        

A couple of weeks ago a new toy arrived in the mail--the Lensbaby Sweet 35.  This is a brand new optic for the Lensbaby Composer.  The lens has the effective field of view of a 35mm lens. The normal Lensbaby is 50mm equivalent. This lens is also the first to offer a built-in adjustable aperture ring.   The very next day I was at the Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum for a day long photo shoot and I figured this would be as good a time as any to test the lens.  I was very pleased with the way the lens focused and operated, but the big surprise happened after I returned home.  In the picture above, the rainbow colored shafts of light were a surprise that I did not expect.   I looked at my other shots and did not see this effect so it will take a bit of experimentation to figure out how to duplicate this effect in the future. 

No comments: