Monday, January 21, 2013

Pennhurst






      

Two weeks ago I made my 2nd recent trip to Pennhurst Asylum.   While the campus is huge, most of the buildings are off limits due to asbestos or other hazards.  Currently the site is used as a mulch facility, haunted house and paranormal tours.  Only recently has the owner been open to photography tours.  The scene above is the raised sidewalks that connect most of the buildings.  Under the sidewalks are tunnels, but we did not have access to them this time.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this effect... is it simply a pano? or are you doing something else? Thanks!

Unknown said...

It's a Pano Denise. I use the Really Right Stuff Pano system.

Josh said...

Don,
I thought this was your permanent address. Striking image though!

Unknown said...

HI Josh, Part time address, not enough creature comforts to live there full time.