Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Big Schloss


This past month has been the slow season for me in regard to getting out and taking pictures. Perhaps because it has been hot and humid. I’m certainly taking pictures, but I don’t feel like I have been hitting it quite so hard. Instead I have been trying to get out and hike a little more and this past Sunday Big Duke and I did a quick hike up Big Schloss in the George Washington National Forest. As far as hikes go, this one is not bad. About 1000 feet in elevation and a little over 2 miles to the top. The first mile is straight up and then you follow the ridgeline to the top.

As far as hikes go, Big Schloss has one of the best views going. I hope to shoot star trails from this location at some point.

I hate to admit it, but the objective today was exercise and not really photography. I did bring along my Nikon D200 Infrared Camera in the hope that I would get to shoot some puffy clouds from the summit. It was also a chance to use my 28mm PC lens. The panorama above is a composite of 24 images. 12 across and 2 rows. I took the above series, put the camera back in my pack, and headed down the mountain.


2 comments:

John Barclay said...

I remember you working on this great shot Don. It came out very well! Nice job and kudos to you for working on flash. An area that I need help on and will take a class about.

JNevitt said...

Love this shot Don