Thursday, September 3, 2009

Eastern State - Part IV




Last week I joined friends Tony, Sara, John, Mark, Bob, Mike, and Doug for a private shoot at Eastern State Penitentiary. This trip was different, we had (at a significant cost) access to non-public areas of the prison. In some cases this offered us shots not otherwise available, in other cases it was more of the same. Perhaps the best part of the day was the camaraderie between the group. Literally it was the fastest 3 hours in recent memory. I had known some of the crew from Facebook and the virtual world, it was really great to meet in person and I felt like we really gelled as a group.

The only downside was that Sara and I needed to get on the road after lunch. Most of the group was going back in to shoot, but considering that we had to drive thru 3 major metro areas to get home, traffic was a consideration.

This time I also tried something new. I incorporated some creative flash photography into my routine. I decided to show a sample of this on the Blog. I’m a beginner at this type of lighting, but hey you have to start somewhere. I’m hoping to integrate a little more flash photography on my nocturnal efforts. Stay tuned….

Considering that I have been to ESP 4 times in the last year, I was starting to think that I had exhausted all the possibilities. In reality, I’m not even close.

No comments: