Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Car Farm in Snow


I finally got out in the snow yesterday. I spent the first 2 days of the storm digging myself out. So yesterday I decided to take a run to the Car Farm. I have been wanting to shoot these old cars in the snow since the first time I saw them. We had 20 plus inches of snow in most of Virginia and the Car Farm was no exception. I had to be mindful of where I walked so that I would not walk through any of my compositions. With nowhere to put my camera bag I decided to make this a one camera, one lens shoot. After about a hour I had worked the scene and covered the ground with footprints.

2 comments:

BillG said...

Love this shot and cool idea. Nice use of simplify for the tree line. Can't wait to see a gallery of these.

Unknown said...

Hi Bill,

I used a little simplify, but masked out the grille for some detail. Simplify also has a nice smoothing effect on snow.