Friday, December 11, 2009

Fall Color



During the last 2 weeks of October I did a lot of local shooting. By local, I mean here in Virginia. My first visit to Shenandoah National Park was quite a surprise. It had snowed at the higher elevations. I returned to Shenandoah a couple of days later and had to admit I was disappointed. The color at the higher elevations in the center of the park was less than I had hoped for. My day job sent me to Charlottesville the 3rd week in October for training so every night after class I would head out to either Shenandoah or the Blue Ridge Parkway. I would usually have an hour or so to shoot. The color got much better the further south I traveled. The following weekend I got in some additional time in Nelson County and the lower elevations of Shenandoah. Overall it was not a bad fall here in Virginia.

Click here for a galley.

No comments: