Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Secret Location



This past Saturday night I was on my way to White Oak Canyon to shoot the falls.  Along the way I saw a familiar road sign that pointed to the Rapidan Wildlife Management Area.   I have been back in this area many times over the last couple of years and find it a great place to shoot.  The Rapidan River runs parallel to the road for several miles with easy access to great photographic material.   I decided to head up to the Rapidan instead and am glad that I did because it was flowing the best I have ever seen it.  I just wish I had remembered to bring my chest waders because there were several shots that would have required me to stand in that deep of water.  Instead the  bottom of my shorts got a bit wet. 

While I have a number of shots I would love to share, as I mentioned in my prior post I’m a bit busy, so just one this time. 

I have seen plenty of campers and fishermen in this area  but never another photographer.   I figured that it was time to spread the word. 

Click here for the location on Google Maps.   Also note the roads are rough, if you decide to go I recommend a truck or SUV. 

2 comments:

Curt Fleenor said...

Great shot Don - I love finding those 'hidden' locations!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Curt!