Monday, August 1, 2011

Texture Overload

           

A couple of months ago I took friends JustBob and Karen Messick to my favorite Car Farm.   This is a great location and while there is always something to shoot, I must admit that I’m working hard to find it.   There are some factors that change my perspective such as season, time of day, direction of light, etc.  But still I don’t want to take pictures that I have already taken. I also think this type of exercise helps me develop as a photographer.  It forces me to try and see past the easy shots.

The rusted exteriors of the cars are full of texture, but in this case I decided that some additional texture was the look I was after.  

3 comments:

A.Barlow said...

Ah yes my good sir! This is what I'm talking about. Nice stuff.

Curt Fleenor said...

The extra texturing almost gives it a look of being a colored sketch. Nice Don!

Unknown said...

Thanks once again Guys. I'm a bit swamped working on the Nature Visions Expo... My time to spend on Twitter, Facebook and Blogs is at a minimum these days. Hopefully I can catch up with the work your doing really soon.